A fellow Logos user recently posted the following question on a Logos blog:
Is there a way to find every time there is eating/a meal in the New Testament? I think there is a lot of activity that goes on around a table or just eating.
With the Bible Sense Lexicon the answer is a resounding yes!
- Choose Tools | Bible Sense Lexicon
- Type meal in the Sense box (A)
- Select to eat (a meal) from the list under the box (B)
- After the report builds, click Search for sense “to eat (a meal)” at the top of the left sidebar (C)
- Notice the Search panel opens, with the query already entered (D)
- Adjust the verse range to the New Testament (E)
- Click Aligned to see the results in a center column (F)
Please keep in mind that various Greek words may and do share the meaning or sense of eating a meal. So the verses you’re viewing all contain the idea of eating a meal!
For more detailed instruction on the Bible Sense Lexicon, please check out the Logos 7 Training Manuals Volumes 1-3 in print or digital.
The post How to Find Everywhere the NT Mentions Eating or Meals appeared first on LogosTalk.