This week we are going back to the foundation of everything we do at LifeWay Leadership, and that is Leadership Pipeline, a concept and framework for churches to develop leaders at every level of ministry. Over the course of the week, we will be re-releasing a podcast each day from our previously recorded Pipeline Week. You can also go and download the free e-booklet called Developing Your Leadership Pipeline which can be downloaded here (http://ift.tt/2vYwUoP). In this episode Todd Adkins, Eric Geiger, and Barnabas Piper introduce and explain the systems of a leadership pipeline and ask the following questions.
- What is the content in a Leadership Pipeline?
- Why is it so important?
- Where should organizations start when auditing their training content?
- Can content really be aligned across complex organizations?
- What is competency based learning?
- What are practical ways to begin developing content? What are the options for different areas of the church?
“Every organization needs a pipeline. Every person needs a pathway.”
“Without content I don’t have a mechanism to train.”
“Training content must contain knowledge, experience, and coaching.”
“Training in many organizations is a cruise to nowhere.”
“Everyone has content. Which content have you chosen and what are you doing with it?”
“Competency is having a displayed proficiency in something.”
“How do we move from a transfer of information to transformation?”
“When training consider competencies and context.”
Developing Your Leadership Pipeline by Todd Adkins
The post 5LQ Episode 200: Leadership Pipeline – The Content appeared first on Leadership.