A fellow Logos user recently presented me with the following scenario:
Peter, of course, is traditionally labeled the outspoken apostle. He spoke to Jesus where others didn’t (at least based on what we have recorded). How can I find the verses in which Peter directly addressed Jesus?
Great question! And actually Logos provides several ways to answer this inquiry, but today I’ll focus on just one: the Interactive resource called Speaking to God.
In a nutshell, this Interactive contains all the verses in which verbal communication with God (Father or Son) appears. This interaction is then labeled with numerous facets or filters that we utilize with a simple point and click method.
Let’s take a look:
- Choose Tools | Speaking to God
- Select the Bible from which you wish to display the results (A)
- Notice in the left sidebar the facets or filters that have been applied to the verbal interaction with God (B)
- Click in the Speaker section Peter (C)
- Click in the Addressee section Jesus (D)
- Notice on the right the verses in which Peter speaks directly to Jesus! (E)
To discover information about the contents of this Interactive, click the About link on the resource’s toolbar. (F)
For more detailed instruction on faceted interactives, please check out the Logos 7 Training Manuals Volumes 1-3 in print or digital.