Podcast Episode #345
We get questions every day from several venues—blog comments, emails, tweets, and so many more. Here are the top 10 that we get the most and how to answer them.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- The starting point for a church’s revitalization is different in every situation.
- Your church is usually further along in its need for revitalization than you realize.
- It’s amazing the number of time pastors who haven’t been trained to deal with church budgets.
- Some people handle conflict and personnel well. Most don’t.
- Sometimes you must make the inevitable the immediate.
- Changing your church’s polity is not a magic bullet for church health.
- It doesn’t matter what type of church polity you have if you have the wrong people in those roles.
The 10 questions we cover are:
- Where do I begin to lead my church toward revitalization?
- What do I do about our aging church facilities?
- How do I handle church financial issues?
- How do I handle conflict and personnel issues?
- What is the best leadership structure for a church?
- What are the best practical ministry tools?
- How do I establish a vision for my church?
- How do I deal with power struggles in the church?
- How do I lead change in the worship services?
- Can I survive?
The Timothy Track, from Midwestern Seminary, offers select residential M.Div. students placement in internship positions in a local church in the area. Now you can complement your studies with in-the-field ministry experience. In addition, all Timothy Track students will receive up to 12 credit hours for the internship and a 50% tuition scholarship for the first year.
Find out more at http://ift.tt/2oogh3i.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Podcast
- Church Answers
- MBTS state t-shirts
- The Need for Church Replanting featuring Mark Clifton – Rainer on Leadership #320
- Cool Solutions Group
- The Importance of Church Facility Stewardship featuring Tim Cool – Rainer on Leadership #317
- Four Useful Ministries by Deacons